Monday, April 21, 2008

I was barely awake as I stumbled out of the car and into the gym this morning, coasting on fumes and dreading the hour and a half I planned to spend there. I briefly noticed the temperate weather but put it aside while I pushed open the gym doors.

Yoga was, as always, both relaxing and challenging. I find the immediate gratification aspect of my practice the most fulfilling; knowing that each week I'll noticed a marked improvement in my strength, flexibility and ability to meditate while pushing the distractions away. The body truly is a temple and yoga makes me truly feeeeel that more than any other exercise program I've tried.

After that I ran for about half an hour - I'm training for a 5K in November. I've always been a cardio machine junkie, but actually working towards an attainable goal pushes me to really break through the walls and move forward. Running outside is a totally different ball game, but a challenge that I'm ready and able to accept.

The pay-off, however, was walking outside after I was finished. Sweat beaded and glimmered on my forehead and neck, my hair soaked with the physical ramifications of my effort, and I truly felt and experienced how gorgeous it is outside. The light breeze cooled me, blowing slightly colder than the 70 degree temperature, and sent a chill down my spine.

I drove home with the windows all the way open, enjoying the wind on my face and the childlike enthusiasm that caused my arm to extend out the window, fingers coasting against the jetstream like a bird on the breeze.

Today, simply put, is beautiful.

0 souls have spoken.: